Precise ultra-fast, Dynamic Peak Reading Instruments
This is the only product on the market that integrates a powerful antenna analyzer and instrument grade peak reading watt meter in a single instrument.
This product combines a high-performance directional coupler, and ultra-fast peak reading detector; with an optional, powerful antenna analyzer. A standard RigExpert AA-30 analyzer, embedded in the watt meter; the analyzer works seamlessly with the open source AntScope software.
The W-2K series watt meter(s), contains everything necessary to connect to a PC through the USB port; to perform all the usual antenna measurements. The AntScope2 software supports Windows PC & Mac. An optional version/application works with Android phones.
Frequency range: 0.06 to 30 MHz
Frequency entry: 1 Hz resolution
Measurement for 25, 50, 75 and 100-Ohm systems.
SWR measurement range: 1 to 100 in numerical mode.
R and X range: 0…10000, -10000…10000 in numerical mode.
Output power: +13 dBm (at 50 Ohm load).
Power: Internal 5V • Current consumption (max) 150 mA.
Operating temperature 0…40 °C (32…104 °F)
Watt meter specifications:
Frequency range: 1.0 to 60 MHz
Meter: Forward power range: 20W/200W/2KW & 30W/120W/1.2KW Reflected power: 0-30W • Peak/Average meter function. Ultra-fast, peak sample and variable hold/hang-time instrument.
• The detached directional coupler, is remoted via the provided 3’ CAT5 shielded sensor cable; optional longer cables available.
• A safety lockout feature, prevents the analyzer from being damaged while transmitting. • The W-2KW is a rugged, military grade multi-function watt meter, intended for fixed, portable & mobile/marine HF communications requirements.
• The W-2KW is a multipurpose, RF power and SWR meter, utilizing remote directional coupler(s). Two remote sensors can be attached (HF & VHF).
• Optional sensors with different power and frequency ranges are available. The sensors use standard CAT5 shielded cables, with optional lengths.
Amplifier Key-line Controller & SWR Alarm
• The W-2KW is able to generate an alarm at high SWR’s. Additionally, it provides a fully isolated amplifier keying feature that will cause the amp’s key-line to be broken, preventing potential damage to the equipment. The Tactical Radio Gear, Corp., Watt Meters, eliminates the speculation of RF power and SWR measurements.
• Designed to military standards, the W-2KW, meets the needs for a rugged, accurate, and reliable RF power monitor for HF radios and antenna systems.
• The Tactical Radio Gear, Corp., Watt Meter(s) provide the essential information to monitor transceiver & amplifier performance. With three power ranges (20W/200W/2000W), the W 2KW can satisfy both low and high-power operations; with Precise ultra-fast, Dynamic Peak Reading Instrumentation.
Directional Coupler Remote Sensors. The RF sensor(s) can be located near the radio/amplifier output, to ease the difficulty of the larger size of coax force on the equipment! Up to two sensors can be attached to the W-2K series watt meter(s); to monitor different power ranges and frequencies. The sensors all use standard CAT5 shielded cables.
The W-2KW measures and displays both SWR, forward power up to 2,000 watts, and reflected power simultaneously, on a dual movement meter. The backlit meter can display average or peak power readings, with a peak/hold hang-time feature. Accuracy of the readings is guaranteed with the CAT5 shielded cable, from the remote directional coupler.
Active Dynamic Peak Reading Instrument, is one of a new generation of watt meter(s) designs from Tactical Radio Gear, Corp., that are unique to the marketplace. All of these features are integrated into the W-2K series of Watt Meters, with an adjustable three-second peak/hang-time display feature.
All Tactical Radio Gear Corp enclosures are fabricated from 1/8” (0.125”) aluminum and treated with a gold Alodine finish prior to painting. Optional color: DuraCoat, firearm, flat Tactical Desert Beige & Tangodown Dark Earth for military. Standard color: is DuraCoat three tone Collins gray.
2.1mm connector for the supplied 12 VDC power supply.
Power on/off switch.
CAT5 Connector(s) and sensor selector switch.
RCA connectors for key-line.
SWR alarm selector switch.
USB connector for AA.30 analyzer.
NOTE: Specifications are subject to change without notice
If you have any difficulty, our technical support via telephone and the Internet will help get your watt meter up and running fast.